Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Things to live by

Things I live by and rules I believe in:


• Take chances- You can keep trying as many times as you fail to succeed and try again and again and just try your best and give it a shot.



I believe in this because my parents when I was younger and to this day say to keep trying even if you don’t succeed the first time. I have taken a lot of chances in various things before from sports to life situations. For example when I used to play baseball when I missed the ball I didn’t quit and give up I took a chance and kept trying.



• Live as honest as you can be- Everyone lies at some point in their life but being truthful is very important and lying can get you in a lot of trouble in various situations.



I believe in this just because I think it is important to be as honest as you can so people can trust you and you don’t get caught in drama or a lie. For example I have seen many people get in fights and drama by ones lies and they end up catching the person that lied or they split up and discontinue being friends. You can always get caught in a lie so it’s best to gain ones trust than get caught in a lie.



• Be thankful- be happy and glad for what you’ve got (family, friends, items, etc.).



I believe in this because everything can quickly disappear so it’s better to be thankful for what you got instead of asking for more and make best out of what you have. For example you may not like your cell phone or you may not like talking to your grandparents but both could be lost you could lose your phone somewhere or your grandparent may pass away in an accident. Or you should be thankful for having two parents instead of one because a lot of families suffer from divorce. Be thankful for what you have and enjoy each moment.



• Live your life to the fullest- Have fun and take chances and do as much as possible and have fun with your life.



I believe in this because life always comes to an end and can be short and there’s no point of wasting your time. Each moment can be fun and enjoyable so spend it wisely. For example you can have fun in life just by doing or trying simple things and have fun with it and do things that are daring or risk taking whatever makes you happy.



• Be positive- Look forward to events and believe you can achieve and do your best and put your mind to it and try to succeed.



I believe in staying positive because I think it is an important rule and it has a great impact on things and you make the best out of things when you believe and think you will accomplish it. For example last year at my track meet I thought I wouldn’t win the relay but I changed the way I thought around and I started thinking positive and I kept practicing and thinking I would win and it ended up I won. Staying positive has many rewards if you stick to it and think something can be done and accomplished.



• Try not to judge others- everyone judge’s things and people but try not to judge other people because they are a normal person just like you.



I believe this because I think it is a good rule to live by even though everyone judges people. People even point out problems of another and they actually have the same problem or they talk about how someone’s ugly and it hurts the other person. I’ve seen many problems in school and out of school that are caused by rumors about one another about someone judging somebody and somehow it reaches the person and they feel horrible or mad, not judging others is a important rule to at least attempt to fallow.



• Set goals- try to achieve your goals and try hard and do your best to achieve them all.



I believe in setting goals my family always sets their goals most of the time and I have just tried to fallow along most of the time and come up with my own and accomplish it. I used to not study and my test grades would be B’s C’s and D’s and all my homework would be all A’s and a few B’s, so then I realized I am doing well with everything except tests. So I made my goal to study and get all A’s and B’s on my tests. Each night I would study at least 30 minutes. The next test I got a C which was okay but not good enough so I tried study with different methods such as flashcards and other things. The next test I took was an A and so were the fallowing a test with a few B’s all my grades went up and I felt great that I accomplished my goal. Setting goals is important because you feel great once you have achieved them and you get many rewards



• Challenge yourself- If something may seem too easy try something harder that is more of a challenge and try to get through it okay.



I think that challenging yourself is a really important rule because if you feel something is too easy it’s good to challenge your self and try something that is harder and a challenge for you so you can advance over time and keep moving up and trying harder things until you fully accomplish each one. For example you have a choice to read a book in class there are three different books you pick the easiest and you know its way out of you league and you know you could handle something harder/ more of a challenge, it would be better to get the medium level book and once that gets to easy move to the harder book so you can do things and your level and accomplish them.



• Try to be friendly (to most people) - Being friendly to someone you may not like that much may lead to a better result and you can gain and make more friends.



I think that trying to be friendly to all people is a good rule because that person will feel happy and you can make more friends through it. For an example back around when I was in first grade it was my first year at this elementary I had friends but very few sense it was my first year and I had this one friend that was friends with this kid I really didn’t like I ignored him and wouldn’t talk to him. But one day I ended up not really caring and I thought I could make a new friend so we talked and hung out and we became friends for a few years but a few days later I gained even more friends and everyone was happy. It’s nice to be friendly to most people as possible even though it can be hard but in result you can make one happy and make many other friends.



• Be prepared- Know and bring everything necessary for an unexpected problem or an event so you are ready to handle it.



It is very important to fallow being prepared so you’re ready to handle spontaneous events that life may through at you. For an example you could be prepared with basic skills or you could have certain items you might end up having to use. Also if you were lost out in the woods for another example if you have the basic skills to survive then you were prepared an you could also be prepared by carrying Utensils and tools you might need to use to survive. Simple skills and knowledge or experience is being prepared. Another example may be studying each day and if you have a pop quiz you were prepared for it. Being prepared is an important basic rule to fallow and can benefit you in everyway.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent truths to live by - throw some personal anecdotes into this to make it yours - beautiful picture of the northern lights!

    ReplyDelete